Client Case Study: Distribution Company, M&A Consulting
In the recent sale of a distribution company, we tailored a project that was very different from traditional M&A engagements... and it closed the deal.
Issues & concerns
- Business owner desired investment banking advice and was disappointed that he was not able to engage a traditional M&A boutique due to the size of his company
- While confident that he could identify and attract potential buyers, he worried about his lack of market and process knowledge to respond to bids
- While experienced in sales negotiations and share-of-revenue acquisitions, he was afraid he might miss something in negotiating the sale of his entire business
- Distribution company with $15-20 million in sales
- Buyer was a long-hold private equity fund; this was the fund's first investment
- Owner wanted a limited, self-directed sale process
- Our role was to support the owner's self-directed sale process with bid analysis, limited market outreach and background counsel during negotiations; our participation remains confidential
- The project resulted from a boutique investment bank's referral
Oaklyn Consulting is the advisor of choice for helping middle-market companies with capital strategy decisions and small or complex transactions. We serve as a guide, not a broker, providing middle market investment banking services as consultants with time-based billing.
Posted on June 30, 2018
by Frank Williamson